Monday, February 11, 2008

Trip to Brunei 2nd

Day 3 (29th January 2008-Teusday)

We started our day at 9:30 after breakfast and check out from The Empire Hotel. But first we have to parked our car at Rizqun Hotel International Hotel where we will be staying after we come back from the jungle. Then we directly went to the jetty of Bandar Seri Begawan for the water taxi to Bangar,Temburong. To reached the place, we have to take this water taxi all the way back to where we passed by when we were on the way to Brunei. We took an hour to ply the route to the main town of Bangar. When we reached there about 11:00am a young girl tourist guide waited for us and she introduce her self as Rose.


Water Taxi to Bangar town. They called it "flying coffin".

First we were brought to the Bukit Patoi Forest Recreational park.
Located about 15km from Bangar town is a part of Peradayan Forest Reserve which has been designated as Recreational Forest by the Brunei Forestry Department. Our Tourist guide has offered us to climb the 4,900 meters hill, but me, Aishah and my mother-in law just refused it. Its to high and I dont think I can made it with Aishah, So Hakim, my husband and Harry climbed up the hill with the guide. When they came back. Oh my god! they were sweaty like they just have a shower from the water fall. hahahahah. After the Bukit Patoi, we were brought to our place were we have to overnight and took our lunch called "Rainforest Lodge.


Where we slept overnight. Hakim is taking his afternoon nap after the boat ride.

About 2 hours of rested we were brought to experienced the boat ride through Batang Duri River. My kids, they just loves it because they like boat. But for my mother in law, she just hate it. The boat is too small, she afraid that the boat will capsized and bla..bla..bla.. But my husband just forced her to followed. She followed. Hahahaa. Its a typical Iban boat which built as a transportation to go to Ulu Temburong National Park. Boat is the only transportation, no other way. The boat ride was fun and we can enjoy the scenery along Batang Duri river. After about 15 minutes we went back. On the way back my husband did body rafting which you can jum
p into the river and just float till the lodge's jetty.


Group photo taken by our guide, my mother in law enjoying the ride and Hakim looking around.


Aishah a little tired and my husband in the river with our guide.

At the end of the day we all swimming in the river, Hakim and Aishah playing with our guide me and my husband just enjoy swimming. The real adventure will start the next day to visit Ulu Temburong National Park. 45 minutes boat riding with a small engine of boat against the stream.

Unfortunately, our Internet connection is not stable its on an off. I will stop writing about our day 3 excitement will continue another day. Sorry, you have to come back soon for more.

1 comment:

  1. will definitely come back 4 more of ur family adventure!

    ReplyDelete