I and my husband had a short trip last week and we were staying at Awana, Genting MALAYSIA.
Here are some photos taken:
The Awana Genting Hotel, we were at the 27th Floor.
View from our room's balcony.
Coffee tea table.
So here is what my husband comments on the Genting "City of Entertainment"..
I would like to give some feedback on my 2 nights stay in the Awana resort. Overall it was pleasant, but.. I am in the travel business myself, so.. here are some points:
1) As we are the first timers to Genting, I was very disappointing with the location of the hotel. Of course, it is my fault, but.. from the website it is very difficult to understand the maps given and the situation. I was expecting, that on arrival we go up with the Skyway to the resort and have the resort in Genting Highlands. However.. on arrival there is the hotel on the foot of the hill, and you need to take the skyway to Genting. This was my biggest dissapointment, because… I choosed the wrong hotel.
2) In the bathroom (room 27565) there is a sign, that water from the tap can be used for drinking. Later it says that before drinking water has to be boiled. Can you imagine, first you allow people to drink direct from the tap, then you ask them to boil the water. Guest from developed country, who used to drink direct from the tap find this very confusing, and I am sure that elder persons (the ones who don’t understand 100% English, and due to age), easily believe that water can be used for drinking !!.. Although I understand what the sign means, it is totally wrong formulated: Please boil water before drinking, is the only proper way to say this !! -
3) Taxi to the Skyway or Cable Car: According to concierge, the taxi to Skyway or Cable Car is RM20. This is a fixed rate. Well, I think that it is 50% overcharged and that the actual rate should be RM10. Although the concierge did not agree, and the arrogant policeman, driving in his posh buggy, laughed me away. However, I am very happy that there are illegal taxis playing the route, doing it very happily for RM10. (of course I can wait for the bus, but.. if you just missed it ? ).
The Awana Skyway..
4) Signs in Genting, although they are plenty, they are totally not logic. In some cases you find the signs to the cable car or sky way, once you go down the escalator, while signs has to be in front of the escalator and visible. If it was up to me, I could easily find many improvements for the signs, luckily I am not a Genting employee, I would be very busy.
Almost reach the City of Entertainment.
First World Hotel, Genting.
5) Genting is located on top of a hill and this means harsh weather conditions. The Outdoor theme park is really need for a cleanup, fresh paint, or what so ever. I took a train ride from above, and if you see the state in which some of the attractions are, then it is unbelievable that no accidents are happening. If you take the orange Bob track, you can see the cracks in the track which was still in operation. There were also tracks which were overgrown, and.. not longer possible to use. Later… I oversaw a construction side, and many parts from the orange track were just dumped at the side (luckily not over the hill slope). This is not acceptable. If things are demolished, you need to proper dismantle and dispose the material. You can not just let it rot away.
Alga everwhere..you should see the real park.
Is this one of the attraction?
6) Also the main outdoor swimming pool was in a terrible empty shape. There is a total lack of maintenance. Genting is designed on top of a Hill, but… tears in my eyes if you look to the state. If you see the website, then.. a complete different view is promised. ?.
I stayed in your resort from 11th – 13th February, Awana room 27565. Overall, I enjoyed the outing with my wife, although we had higher expectations.
Best regards, Olaf.
In a display of passion-fueled magic, two great illusionists will compete for the love of one princess. The story begins when the princess awakens in a realm ruled by the power of fantasy. When the contest for her affection intensifies so does the battle to control the illusion world. It is the romance of a lifetime in a vivid parallel world.
Featuring for the first time in Southeast Asia is a magnificent beast...the elusive white lion. Once thought to be a myth, the white lion first existed as whispered rumors in the wilderness of South Africa before finally being discovered in 1975. This highly elusive animal performs alongside the white tiger - possibly the most prized animal in modern times for its beautiful coat and stunning ice-blue eyes.
Witness a union of feral beauty and dazzling magic in Dreamz.
The view of the Batu caves stairs.
Me climbing the stairs.
I am half way reaching the top.
The main attraction of Putra Jaya.
I took my husband photo.
And he took my photo..that all we can do.
We are happy and safely going back to Sabah and met with our children. Can't wait for the next vacation to Hong Kong in May with the children and then to Singapore somewhere in November. Rest the whole day on Saturday and Sunday went swimming with Oma belanda again at Beringgis Resort. That was my long weekend ended
More photos here